Friday 25 May 2018

Amy- May Fundraising Kit- Beautiful, Strong Warrior

Hey SFK peeps,
I am back up with a 12x12 layout using more of the May Fundriasing Kit to bring this layout together.

My background patterned paper is from a Pink Paislee collection and I have gone colour that would not clash with the gorgeous blue patterned paper that came in the kit. I also thought a black and white photo would allow me to work with a mix of colours in my layout to incorporate some of the various colours used in this months kit.



I knew I wanted to use the blue butterfly patterned paper as a larger photo matte (and may have been hoarding most of it throughout this month to use on 1 main project hehe) and I even kept the hearts that I had previously punched out, there as I though it added subtle visual interest to that corner in the end. I added the zebra pattern tissue paper as a layer behind my photo matte just to add some texture and some more colour to the layout.

I knew that I would fussy cut the beautiful piece out and add the wood veneer words to make my title and decided these worked well in the bottom left corner as it didn't take away from my face and the die cut piece added some softness.










I balanced this cluster and the softness with the cluster in the top right of the photo using two butterflies , fussy cut from the kit and propped up on some foam tape and the beautiful purple charm also in the kit (and on a personal level symbolic of 1 of the illnesses I battle- Fibromyalgia).






I have tied in more of the purple using the gorgeous purple ribbon along the bottom of the page as well as some purple sequins from my stash, that just add some bling to the page (along with the black sequins).






The quote is from Pinterest and I added the border to ground the page and bring it all in together , especially the right side where the sprinkle of sequins are.



I hope you have enjoyed this layout and I will see you in June as I have joined the team as a permanent design team member here at Scrapping Fun, something I am very excited about!

Happy scrapping
Ames

1 comment: