Wednesday 21 February 2018

Lisa - February Kit - Great Nan

Hello again, this is my last layout using the February embellishment kit from Scrapping Fun Kits and what a great kit it was. So versatile, I got three, embellishment heavy, 12x12 layouts from the one kit. One for a boy, one a girl and a vintage 12x12 layout all from the one kit, now how versatile is that !!




This is my Great-Grandmother, Emma (Amy) Herne Dudgeon, nee Hannigan. She lived to 99 years of age. This is her 94th Birthday in 1985. I was 12 years old.








I started with a cream/beige colours background and distressed the edges with Vintage shade ink pad from Kaisercraft.

The papers behind the photo are all scraps from my stash, I store them colour coded in A4 Ziplock bags especially for times like this. I have ink distressed all the edges of all the papers & cut aparts.

The Title is made from painted wood veneer lettering for the word "Great" and some very old Heidi Swapp lettering, that was in my stash for "Nan". Great Nan is what we called her 💖

The photo is originally in colour but the colours were quite harsh (Dark Blue's & Orange) so I decided to turn it, Black & White. I printed it on the Canon Selphy and ink distressed the edges as well. I used the top of a small tag from the Kit cut-apart at the top of the photo and embellished it with a small button.

On the left-hand side of the photo, I have used some mulberry paper flowers/leaf I have had in my stash for a while. They were quite bulky so I squished the white ones down and removed the little foam ball from the centre of the pink one.

I have used the gorgeous wood veneer hearts from the kit and added a Vintage button to the centre of the rose where the bulky foam ball was before. I find the buttons go really well with Vintage designs.

To the right of the photo, I have used mostly items from the kit except for the Vintage Button. Charity stores are a great place to find buttons, especially vintage ones.

I laid down the large tag and then embellished it. The wood veneer "Love" word heart fit so well on top of the lace heart. I did darken it a bit with some pink and then vintage ink.

I painted some of the tiny wood veneer hearts brown and added them to the Love Bingo Card, framed by the gorgeous metal rose. Then added some raw Wood veneer hearts along the bottom of the tag.

I hope you enjoyed this layout, it was very special to me.

See you all next month. Take Care !!







































No comments:

Post a Comment