Tuesday 3 October 2017

Lisa - October Kit - Old Mother Hubbard



Hello everyone and welcome to the fantastic Scrapping Fun October Kit. The Kit has a Halloween feel to it but can easily be used for other non-Halloween themes. This photo is of my daughter dressed up for Book Week (an Australian School tradition where school children dress up as Book Characters). My daughter is Old Mother Hubbard from the Nursery Rhyme.


I have distressed pretty much everything by roughing up around the edges by scraping them with a pair of scissors. I have even distressed the photo and painted over it with Vintage Mod Podge to remove the shine and tone down the colours. I have coordinated the colours of the layout with the photo stacking pattern paper and some texture behind the photo. The Punchenella (Black Mesh)from the Kit adds great interest and the little paper flowers from the kit bring a little contrasting colour.



The title is the first line of the Nursery Rhyme. I was going to include the whole Rhyme but I thought it would make the layout too busy. The Lettering is from Kmart which I have coloured Purple with Ink and the words are alpha Stickers. Oh yes and the Washi tape on the corner of the photo is also from the Kit.


This is my favourite part of the Layout !! This Embellishment cluster is all from the Kit except for the Bone (which is from my stash). The Handmade flower is just gorgeous is has a soft crinkly look and feel. The Flair I have adjusted the wording to match the Rhyme (...because the doggy got no bone in the end 😞) and the web to symbolise the cobwebs in Old Mother Hubbard's cupboards. The flowers, twine and green die cut all add interest and texture to the cluster.

I hope you enjoy this layout and get some inspiration for what you can do with these months Scrapping Fun Kit.


No comments:

Post a Comment