Saturday 12 August 2017

Shay - August Kit - THE BOSS.




Well I had alot of fun with this kit, the main challange was coming up with a photo to use the wonderful kit with! Taking note from this kit the beautiful black and white theme running through it along with music, it screamed for a black & white photo! So nter The Boss! The Image was sourced from the internet, from his Brisbane Concert in January 2017. I was lucky enough to go!

I used the Art Deco font from Cricut to form the title and and the written words (Cricut Explorer Air 2) I used the gems from the kit to highlight the line under it and give it a bit more definition.

The pattern paper was from my stash that I have had for a few years so sorry I don't know the name of it. I misted it with Kaiser Mist from Kaiser Craft in Denim then in Kaiser White which I dabbed off or wiped off to lessen the colour of the denim.

In some parts of the layout you can see the vivid colour of the denim. This just gave it a washed out look and not to bright. I also did this technique with the title background to tie it in with the rest of the layout.



With the Memory Maze music chipboard I embossed it (Yes I know I am so predictable) with pewter (metalic finish) from Zing. Love how this turned out was going to use silver but think it would of been to blingy for this page. Though you can't really see it here as the picture is in black and white.

I used the gems to highlight some of the circles on the page giving it a bit more texture I guess you would call it. I am loving these kits as it is pushing me to try new things on my pages.

I have also usede to back the photo film strip from Kaisercraft off the Wall collecton cut in half to do the top and bottom of the picture.

Here you can see the gems and the metal finish of the musical notes.
I must say this layout caused me alot of frustration and anguish. I had something totally diffrent in mind and this was left for a few weeks. 5am seem to be my creative time as this is when I finished this layout, All  can say is that if it isn't working for you leave it come back and try again...and again and again.  Finally after taking a heap of photos and uploading them to the computer ...I decided to add in the gems on the circles. So that was an after thought and a good one I am happy to say!

And here is THE BOSS the finished layout, for you all. I hope you like it as much as I do.


Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment