Tuesday 15 August 2017

Lisa - August Kit - Let's Dance


Hello again! Welcome to my second layout using the August Kit for Scrapping Fun Kits. My last one was very traditional, this one is mixed media. I am still new to mixed media so please excuse my sloppiness 😊



I started with a white piece of 12x12 cardstock. I painted the top half with Gesso. Once dry I put some letters I had across the top which I have used as a template. I sprayed over them with Kaisermist and removed the template letters leaving this "dance" title behind.

My Idea was to put the photos across the centre so I haven't coloured that and I sprayed the bottom with the same Kaisermist but without any gesso and patted it dry with some paper towels.


I have traced the title with 0.75 Artline black felt pen and used the tiny rhinestone gems in the Kit to bling it up. I did have to use a couple extra gems that I had left over from a previous kit. The LET'S Alpha's are from Kmart.


The 3 photos were trimmed to 3x4 and placed across the middle of the page. I have not matted these, which is rare for me, but I have trimmed them with the gorgeous ballerina washi from the Kit.



Across the bottom of the page, I have done a cluster of Die Cuts and Embellishments. I have used a mix of Die-cuts from the Reject Shop and Embellishments from the Kit, including the Epoxy Flairs and the White Paper roses. The gorgeous Chipboard Music included in the kit, I have coloured in black. The painting is a little sloppy but I have decided to call it "Shabby". 😉 

With a little Journalling added my page is complete. I love the Pink and Black theme. I hope you have enjoyed it too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment