Tuesday 15 May 2018

Lisa - May Fundraising Kit - Strong


Hello everyone and welcome to my second layout using the May embellishment kit from Scrapping Fun. All proceeds from the sale of this kit go to the Starlight Children's Foundation**. 

This is a very special kit and when I saw it I thought of my gorgeous Aunty who passed away last year after a long battle with Cancer. She was a beautiful strong lady and held a special place in my heart as we both shared the same Birthday which I remember celebrating many times together.

It is often difficult to scrap memorial type scrapbook pages but the colours and butterflies in this layout inspired me to do this one. 

I have placed the funeral memorium in a plastic sleeve which can be removed to view. 

The background cardstock is embossed cardstock from Bazzill which I have kind of whitewashed using some Gesso and then water. I separated the die cut from the kit and have coloured it by spraying some purple mist onto plastic and the pressing the die cut into it. This has been adhered to the plastic sleeve. The main photo is also on top of the plastic sleeve and underneath the photo on the memorium is another photo of my dear Aunty.



I have used 2 photos of my Aunty & I celebrating our birthday together and mounted all this onto the Gorgeous distress butterfly paper in the Kit. I added a doily for a little romance and softness.

I fussy cut the butterflies and placed them around the layout with these gorgeous silk flowers.

You can see where I have attached the plastic sleeve to the layout using the Butterfly washi from the Kit. 





And then I have mirrored a similar embellishment cluster on the left of the photos using the rest of the die cut, fussy cut butterfly, the little white Rosettes and the "warrior wood veneer from the Kit. Along with a couple more silk flowers from my stash.

I found doing this layout very empowering. I have MS and often get down about the prospect of my future but my Aunty fought a much more aggressive disease that took her away much too young. But I feel very humbled to have had the opportunity to have the memories of her love and influence in my life, which I will cherish forever.






** Scrapping Fun Kits is fundraising for Starlight Children’s Foundation this month. All profits from sales of the May Embellishment Kit and kit extras will be donated to Starlight Children’s Foundation. If you would like to donate directly to Starlight Children’s Foundation you can do so via their website https://starlight.org.au/donation-form

No comments:

Post a Comment