Saturday 12 May 2018

Lisa - May Fundraising Kit - Sisterz

Good day everyone and welcome to my first layout using the incredible May embellishment kit from Scrapping Fun. This month is very special as all profits from the sale of this kit will be donated to the Starlight Children's Foundation**.


The silver and black zebra print tissue paper in the kit is just gorgeous and I wanted to feature this in my layout. So, what I did was cut it in half and Mod Podged it to black cardstock. Then I used some patterned paper I had in my stash scraps to mount the photo on and a little extra zebra print tissue paper. I used a mix of straight cut and torn papers as I really do like the character it gives a layout.



I then used some kit embellishments to make a cluster along the bottom right of the photo. The Handmade paper and fabric flowers and the Zebra print fabric heart all compliment each other. 

The Wood veneer "Strong" was fitting as they are strong as individuals and sisters. The Cork arrow and white flower are from my stash.

When I do a cluster I always lay the embellishments out first to get the right placement and then I glue everything in. Often after they are glued I add a few more to top it off. I do love embellishments.




The gorgeous butterfly ribbon and Zebra print straw, I have used under the photo.

The title was a recycling of some alphas that were sitting unused in my stash. I painted them with Gesso and some white mist. I let them dry too long before removing them from the plastic so the edges are a little rough, but I decided I liked that look and didn't try to smooth them out. I have also used a "z" instead of an "s" but again this adds to the character and "scrappiness" of a layout I feel.

So I hope you enjoyed this layout blog and hope you get behind Scrapping Fun to help them sell out of this month's kits and raise money for the Starlight Foundation.




** Scrapping Fun Kits is fundraising for Starlight Children’s Foundation this month. All profits from sales of the May Embellishment Kit and kit extras will be donated to Starlight Children’s Foundation. If you would like to donate directly to Starlight Children’s Foundation you can do so via their website https://starlight.org.au/donation-form

No comments:

Post a Comment