Monday 21 May 2018

Lauren ~~ May Moodboard ~~ Art Journal Page


Hey Everyone,

This month's moodboard, combined with May being fundraising month I was inspired to make this art journal page.

Scrapping Fun Kits is fundraising for Starlight Children’s Foundation this month. All profits from sales of the May Embellishment Kit and kit extras will be donated to Starlight Children’s Foundation. If you would like to donate directly to Starlight Children’s Foundation you can do so via their website https://starlight.org.au/donation-form





I started by using gel medium to add ripped pieces of the collage paper and tissue paper from the May Fundraising kit.

I added some purple and blue acrylic paint in the white spaces and overlapping part of the papers, to blend it.

I then used the cut apart wreath and butterflies to make clusters.

I pulled apart the layers of the blue flower to add texture without too much bulk.

Strips of collage paper where added to top and bottom cluster, these I outlined with sharpie. 
I added ribbon to top cluster, and washi to bottom cluster.

The great thing about using a kit means everything goes together really well, especially with the scrapping fun kits. That way I dont have to have the same pieces in each cluster, rather a variety.

I then used black and gold pens to add crosses around the page, and black ink to add ink splatters.
This adds the look of texture without the bulk, also makes the page look like spent lots of time using stencils and different mediums.

I used pinterest to find a quote about Strong, the word in the moodboard, finding the quote "Your Illness doesnt define you - your strength and courage does!"
I used thick sharpie to add the quote straight onto the page. It is little tricky to read in some parts but I like that look on art journal pages at times because it can be about the process rather than having it all neat and legible. 

thanking you all :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment