Saturday 21 April 2018

Lauren ~~ Double Page Layout ~~ S.T.E.A.M.

Hey everyone and welcome.

I decided to narrow down collection of photos of my boys engaging in S.T.E.A.M. activities - so Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths. 
(it was very hard to narrow down to just two photos from each topic!)

I then used small card size paper to print via selphy the 10 photos, and tried experimenting with how to position them on the layout. I knew immediately that I would need to do a double layout due to amount of photos (even in their small size).

After a little while I had brillant idea to use black cardstock to make the photos and embellishments pop.

I kept the focus on the title and embellishment and the photos rather than many layers of papers and added embellishment clusters. 

So I backed the photo clusters with white cardstock and and found their position on the layout, leaving the bottom third of the right side layout for title and embellishment cluster. 

I commited to the photo positions and used white signo uniball pen to journal brief point about each - Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths in my boys life.  

It was then fun to play with the embellishment goodies in the April Scrapping Fun Kits to make a title and embellishment cluster to highlight the S.T.E.A.M. concept - which is a big part of my children's life!

I knew the wood veneer word was perfect title and starting point for the title and embellishment cluster.

I then layered the atom cutfile, robot charm, wood veneer science lab coat and homemade computer chip flair and the label ......and wella perfect embellishment and title cluster for this double page layout.

White doodley border FTW and we are done.

Simple but super Effective!!!!!!!!



thanking you, Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment