Saturday 27 January 2018

Lauren ~ New Year's Eve 8.5x11 scrapbooking layout using January embellishment kit


Hey everyone,

Considering 2017 New Years Eve was one where we actually celebrated rather than staying at home trying to keep awake, I only have 4 random photos. Because we did go out I had plenty to document about us celebrating the new year arriving and of course the lovely January embellishment kit was perfect for this event.

I decided to make a bright and fun journaling layout rather than one that had photos to help tell the story.

I knew when unboxing the kit that there was no way I wouldn't be using the amazing handmade fireworks - so firstly I got my 8.5x11 white cardstock and laid the fireworks on top.

It was now time to utilise the great cards and embellishments in the kit to decorate and tell the story. I cut the spotty tag down to a square and topped it with firework washi, a flair, charm and some sequin stars. A lovely embellishment cluster to draw your eye into the main focus of the page - journaling.



The middle was perfect spot for the journaling card, and I used my sharpie and gold pitt pen to record the memories in summary.

The top right was made for the filler card that says "make memories"

Completing the scrapbooking layout off by purposely but randomly placing sequin stars around the journalling and filler card to accentuate the journaling.


Of course a single line gold border is what totally took the page to another level :) 
Thanking you, Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment