Monday 1 January 2018

Kraft Plus Challenge - Wake Up And Smell The Inspiration



Check out this awesome Caffeine Hit Moodboard  for January's moodboard for Kraft plus Challenge. As Scrapping Fun Kits is a sponsor this month I got to make a layout using this moodboard. 



Now this was a fun challenge - I dont drink coffee and I have never used kraft cardstock as the background, so I had to think about it before creating lol. I think this overthinking hindered the process because I made a layout that I was unhappy with ...surprisingly only using watercolour paints and a photo....


Starting again produced this amazing layout (even if I do say so myself hehe)


I found this photo of my eldest son having his first cup of tea - hence the bed hair hehe. I grabbed a English breakfast teabag out of the cupboard and boiled the kettle to get the creative juices flowing. I used the teabag to splat colour onto the background - like mixed media packaging technique (without the packaging). This was inspired the top photo in the moodboard with the coffee split on the table and boy was it cool to see how well the splatters appeared on the page in a very organic manner.

Whilst I waited for these tea splatters to dry I focused on layering my photo. I cut the photo down to 4x4 size and added some book paper behind, mostly to the left and then kraft paper bag in two layers around the photo. This was positioned so the the text paper was showing more on the left and kraft more to right, top and bottom of the photo. I added fun foam to the bag to lift it from the background and was thinking it was done but boy was I wrong. 

I grabbed a white doily and laid it flat on the background and then the raised photo and layers on top, this gave nice depth to the layers rather than them all being lifted or level on the layout. I added the small brown/creme doily to break up the whiteness that the doily brought to the photo cluster.

I had brillant idea to add the teabag label and string to top of the photo as an embellishment and it worked as well as I imagined :) I added the red label to bottom right of photo to balance that pop of red.
You can check out the close up photo of the photo cluster. 




Now I could see that the layout was coming to a complete state, and rummaged around in my thickers box and pulled out these fun white thickers and made the title (inspired by the moodboard) and used thick white uniball pen to scripty write the last word of the title to made it formal and casual altogether - bringing the layout to cohesive state.

I added some white ink splatters with a paint pen and called it done. Then I remembered the wood veneer tea cups I had started with and added them in three clusters, as well as doodley border with uniball pen again - to complete the design.


Go check out the other layouts made for the challenge as well as join in the great challenge yourself to go into the winning for scrapping fun kits and other sponsers prizes. 

Check out the variety of layouts and creative products made using scrapping fun kits/


thanking you, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment