Tuesday 12 December 2017

Lisa - December Kit - Loving Summer

Hello, friends and welcome to my December layout blog. This month's Scrapping Fun Kit is full of bright Summer fun goodness. I love these colours and had the perfect photo for it, taken in the Aussie summer of 1996/97.



I started with a white 12x12 sheet of cardstock and layered some patterned paper I had in my stash across the middle. Then I layered two patterned papers from the kit a little right of centre and placed the photo on top. I haven't matted the photo in this instance as I thought there was enough going on and kind of wanted the photo to blend into the papers.

To the right of the photo, I have used all embellishments from the Kit. The blue diamontes and the "At the Pool" flair. Then in the bottom corner the blue lace flower and the gorgeous pineapple charm, which anchors the ribbon.


 To the left of the photo, I also used all embellishments from the kit. The beautiful frangipanis, sun flare and gold pineapple paper clip.

I am so upset though with the Tombow Mono Glue I have used to adhere the beautiful frangipanis. I guess I made the wrong choice of glue, maybe I should have used a fabric glue 😞

Across the top, I used the funky pineapple washi trimmed with the thinner blue patterned washi and the die cut printables like neon signs.

The Title is some lettering I had in my stash from Kmart and Reject Shop.
I have used the yummy ice cream washi across the bottom of the page also trimmed with the thinner blue patterned washi.

The ribbons from the kit have been used to embellish the bottom of the photo and to connect the right and left side embellishments.



Except for the glue fiasco on the Frangipani's I really love this layout and all its colourful summery goodness.




No comments:

Post a Comment