Monday 13 November 2017

Sarah - Spring Moodboard Challenge

Hello crafty peeps, Sarah here with my very FIRST travellers notebook (TN) layout! Can you believe it! I am so late to the trend but could really see myself loving it. The size is so compact and easy to complete without much time at all. This layout was inspired by this months moodboard - the colours primarily attracted me. Love a bit of purple and yellow. This TN will be a focus on stories I want to tell about me and my time on the planet, so I thought this was a fitting first page. Let's take a look;
I completed this page using the Scrapping Fun Kits Design Team exclusive kit - there's such a great amount of papers and embellishments to complete many, many layouts. Lauren has a great unboxing clip on her you tube channel where you can see all of the kit contents and it will give you an idea about future kits and what you can expect to recieve.

Now there's a few things as a rookie TN scrapper when completing this layout that I'd like to share - even though you may already be across this - if using water and painty stuff, it's a good idea to gesso your page. I did not and ended up gluing the first page to the second to give it some extra srength once it was dry. The TN pages are uch thinner than what I am used to scrapbooking with. Second lesson - stamping on a TN with your MISTI isnt so easy with a little bound book...I will need to probably do this by hand only if I want to stamp directly on to the page. Oh well, all was okay in the end - lets take a look at how I created this page...
Using Brushos (powder based water colour), I added some Violet and Sunburst Yellow to the page and spritzed with water. Dry with a heat gun. I then found the embellishments I wanted to accompany my photo. This saying was one I had downloaded from the internet, saved and printed it at home on my printer. It defintely resonated with me and was ideal for a TN about me!
The circular journal spot in the kit was cut down to poke out behind the photo (this is a great way to maximise the embellishment and use the rest of the circle for another layout), the purple dotted paper, paper bracket and butterfly were also from the Design Team Exclusive kit.
Using my MISTI (most incredible stamping tool invented) I positioned my title and stamped down on to the TN directly. I used the Elle's Studio Title Builder stamp set (one of my favs!). This was a little tricky give the booklet and the position, but I managed to get it stamped - not prefect, but okay.
I then added some yellow enamel dots from my statsh. The yellow complimented the washi used on the top left of the photo - this washi is also from the kit! Thankyou for joining me and if you havent already, be sure to subscribe to the bi-monthly travellers notebook kits or the fantastic monthly embellishment kits at Scrapping Fun Kits! The Travellers Notebook basics kits are also available until sold out....get in quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment