Sunday 19 November 2017

Morgyn - DD Kit - Making my Documenting December Notebook

Hi Scrappers, 

Hope you are all getting ready for the Christmas season, I know I am!!  December 1st just can't come quick enough, to put up the tree and decorations :)

Here is a little walk through of how I put together my Travellers Notebook style album.  If you would like to watch my more in depth process video on how I made this you can check it out here.


First off I cut down some 12x12 pieces of cardstock (all from different collections) to 6x12.  I used a bone folder to put a crease down the middle of each and arranged them together to form the book.


Next I put some clips on the edges of the book to keep it in place while I stitched it together.  First I marked in 1 inch spaces along the middle then pre punched the holes with a needle.  Then using some black cotton (doubled over) I stitched up the middle front and back to make it nice and strong.


Once it was all held together nicely I cut a 1/2 inch strip off the open side so my notebook will be 6x5.5 inches in size.  I made it as big as possible knowing I could cut it down further if i found it  was too large.


Adding the finishing touches;  I cut down this piece of patterned paper from an old Stampin' Up! collection and adhered it to the front cover.

I used some grey paint to paint my chipboard 'December 2017'.  Once that was dry I used some silver stickles to a bit of glitter. Sadly I was a little heavy handed and broke my wood piece - it glued back together just fine :)


Lastly I used a strip of washi tape to finish off the edge and glued my wood piece down and added one of the holly leaves to the top corner.  I might add a few more pieces as I complete my pages, but for now I am calling in done.


Thanks for stopping by

Morgyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment