Monday 27 November 2017

Lisa - Spring Mood Board Challenge


Hello and welcome to my mood board challenge blog. The challenge was to use this mood board to create something other than 12x12 or 8x12. I found this challenging to start as I usually only do 12x12, but I also love doing Tags. I used to sell my Tags on eBay once upon a time, they haven't been as popular in recent times but I want to bring them back. They are great to use on layouts.



The Birds and Flowers in the mood board inspired me the most and I had this little Wood veneer Bird in my stash who has been through the wars a little and needed a home.

I started with a 10x18 piece of timber patterned paper and trimmed the bottom with a green patterned paper, which I have torn, to simulate a grassy ground. I embellished it with some little buttons (I love Buttons).

I perched my little bird on a branch made from cardboard by drawing him some little legs.





I added some Mulberry Paper leave and flowers to the branch.

Some more flowers have been added to the bottom corner and overhanging the tag a little.

I also had this "Bonjour" word veneer in my stash which I thought matched well with the "spring" mood board theme. 







Across the top of the tag, I have simply just diagonally cut the corners and added a complimenting piece of patterned paper, then hole punched the top.

I used a mix of very thin raffia to match the colours used in the tag and exaggerated the bow a little to add a little more interest to the top.

I loved the end result and I can't wait to use it in one of my future layouts. I hope it inspires you to create some tags to use in your future layouts. It's a great way to use up your Scraps & Stash too.





No comments:

Post a Comment