Saturday 4 November 2017

Lisa - Merry Xmas - November Kit

Hello everyone and welcome to my layout using the Scrapping Funs November Kit. This month I have decided to do a Double Page Layout. I had 13 Photo's of Christmas 1996 to scrap, it intimidated me a little and I started searching for a sketch to follow. But, I couldn't find one so I tackled it head-on. ðŸ˜†


 

Since the photos are all about opening the presents on Christmas Morning, I decided to make the page look a little like wrapping paper. So I distressed the edges of the patterned paper included in the Kit, then I crumpled up the paper in my hands and straightened it back out to get that crumpled look. I then used the washi tape on the middle photos to give it that taped present look. Due to my Tombow Mono Glue not drying clear 😕 I had to colour the beautiful Xmas tree a yellow to hide the glue strip down the middle. I don't know why it didn't dry clear but I was not happy.




On the right side of the layout, I have tried to just mirror the left page with the opposite colours using the cut-aparts to accent the top photos. I have used the Flairs as part of the Title with a "Merry Xmas". I have used all the Kit Paper in this Layout but you could even do something like this by using some wrapping paper from the Christmas you are scrapping.



I used the Candy Canes from the Kit to add a bit of interest to the word labels. This was a great Kit for this Christmas Double Page Layout and I still have enough embellishments left to do another layout which you will see later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment