Saturday 21 October 2017

Coralee ~ October Kit ~ Oz Comic Con


Hello Scrapbooking Friends! 
Today I have a layout using the October Kit and I'm pretty happy with out it turned out. For this layout I drew inspiration from the two photo's on the page - from my time volunteering at Oz Comic Con in 2015 where I worked in the Cosplay Central section alongside the amazing Yaya Han - a phenomenal cosplayer! 

Green and Purple are the colours that were everywhere at Oz Comic Con, (and purple happened to be the colour of my hair) so I was pretty stoked that this kit had both in - making it easy for me to tie it all together. 
 

For the letters I just used stickers that were in my stash. I happened to have some awesome glittery ones. For 'Yaya Han' I used purple and for the title of the page I used a combination of these greeny black ones and the purple for the zigzaggy flag and the mustache washi I used some washi from Kaszazz and taped it onto white cardstock (the zig zag washi I did two lines of washi and lined them up super close so it looked like it was thicker than it was). I did this so that the patters would stay just black and white and none of what was happening behind them would show through. I wanted them to be nice and solid.
The green paper with purple spotches I made really easily with some Dylusions Spray and purple Smooch.


I wanted to use the punchinella but I've never used it in a layout before so was a bit nervouse. but eventually I was pretty happy with tucking it behind some of the paper. I also trimmed some of it so it would have a nice strip affect with the washi that went down the page. 

For the other papers - the two striped papers were digital ones from pixel scrapper I got printed. The purple striped one didn't print how I expected but it still worked well. The rainbow dotted paper was from the fluro Scrapping Fun Kit!  

The tag I simply created by snipping the corners off a small piece of purple card stock, and using my cropodile over a hole I punched out! Simple. I LOVED using the purple twine through it as well.


Along the bottom I decided to also use the bat washi that came in the kit, it was cute and I felt like it really help finish off the layout. I used the zig zag ribbon and purple gradiant washi side by side behind the papers. I didn't use super long strips, just want I wanted poking out and then lined them up carefully either side of the top and bottom. The purple patterned washi you also see on the page is a part of the kit too!

Finally I finished off by scattering (well strategically scattering) the sequins from the kit. They were the PERFECT touch for this layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment