Hello scrapbooking lovers! I am delighted to bring you my first Guest blog and share my creations with you. Today with the August kit I have created this gorgeous floral layout. The photo I used was from my last ever performance during my Diploma of Music. I decided to use florals as I always find them fun and I wanted to enhance the fun memory this photo brings.
To create the floral wreath and the butterflies I wanted to use one of the sheets of musical paper and base it around what I could create with this. I used the ink splatter technique (and used Dylusions Sprays instead of inkpads) to colour 1 of the musical papers and 2 plain white A5 pieces of cards stock. I also used some perfect pearls to give it all a nice sparkly sheen however this hasn't shown up in the photos.
This is what I ended up with when they were dry.
To get the lighter parts where natural gaps didn't occur I used a water dropper and dropped some water here and there. This then made the dylusions colours kind of seperate in certain areas and left a very pale pink underneath. I left these to dry overnight for good measure however I am sure they would have dried in 30-40 minutes. Another option is to use a heat gun to dry faster however if you have a lot of the product on the paper the air could move this around and change the design.
Then with these I punched out different sized flowers & some large butterflies. I punched the butterflies first as I wanted to ensure I got really nice colouring for them and used the excess paper once I had punched the amount of butterflies I wanted - for the flowers.
Once I had these all punched out I started arranging the flowers into a circle onto a piece of paper that I thought worked well with my colour scheme - Kaszazz SB Paper Love Notes. I kept re-arranging these until I was happy with where they all were and then began to adhere them.
Next I placed the butterflies, adhering them and then I embellished with the rhinestone bling from the kit. Black for the middle of the butterflies and clear for the centre of the flowers.
I cropped my photo of any background that wasn't useful and made a white photomat to add some lightness to it since the photo was so dark and used the sparkly Music die cut exclusive to Design Team members and voila - fun layout complete!