Saturday 29 July 2017

Sarah - July Kit - Mixed Media Canvas

Hello crafty friends, Sarah here with you today for my very first Scrapping Fun Kit layout. This Kit is just beautiful! I love the bling, the flowers, the snowflakes....everything! This project is a mixed media canvas, featuring a photo of my friends Stephanie whilst on holiday in January (isn't she so lucky!).

Lets get started with a brief run down on how I put this canvas piece together....the canvas board being used was a piece that I had done some acrylic pouring on. The colours of red, green and silver remind me of Christmas and went well with the theme of Christmas in July, though the kit is so versatile it can be used for any wintery kind of project! The canvas hadnt quite worked out as I had planned, but I dont like to waste anything, so put it aside to use on the right project.
I added some white gesso to the edges and to parts of the surface of the canvas. I also added some Colour Blast paste in Snow White to create some shine and sparkle. I added some stamping to the canvas in blues and browns to compliment the elements of the kit. Taking the photo, I layered it with some of the papers in the kit as well as the snowflake cut apart, as pictured below. I used a piece of the lace along the side of the photo.
Adhere the photo and mats to the canvas. I cut apart the snowflake die cut and layered this along the top left corner and right side of the photo. I added some more of the gorgeous embellishments - the wooden veneer tree, bling, snowflake sequins and that beautiful flower to the top right corner.
Here are some close up shots of the finished project;
I hope you enjoyed this project and will be sure to get creative with how you might use this July kit. Check out the fantastic array of talent from the design team members on the blog and be sure to subscribe at https://scrappingfunkits.blogspot.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment