Tuesday 4 July 2017

Lisa - July Kit - Xmas 1997

Hello everyone, and welcome to the first layout share using the July Kit. I hope you all enjoy it. Using the Christmas themed embellishments in the kit, I have decided to scrap a Xmas photo of my kids from 1997. This is the only Christmas photo I have of them in this year. I am not sure where all the others went, or even if any others were taken. But the photo just goes perfectly with the "No Peeking" tag included in the kit, so I went with it.

I started with a white piece of 12x12 cardstock. I was ging to use a red but I really wanted the embellishments to stand out. I then painted a large partial flower type design with red kaisermist ink and splattered a little around the edges.

To add some bling, I added some clear rhinestones from the kit to the splatter spots.



Using some brown patterned paper from the Francheville Kraft Christmas range, I layered the Gorgeous Kit patterned present paper on top and matted the photo onto some thick cardboard. 

I used the kit snowflake die cut as another layer under the photo and coloured it red with Ink and embellished it with the Kit Diamonte's 







The part I love doing is adding the embellishments. I used the Kit Ho Ho Ho Tag to the right of the photo with a bow using the Red and White twine in the kit. Beside it and in the corner of the photo I have used the gorgeous handmade flower from the kit.

The straw reminded me of a candy cane, I couldn't bend it successfully to I have used it as a flag pole with the Kit wash tape as the flag at the top then put it in the hand of the gorgeous little snowman sticky note also included in the kit.






Below the photo, I put the very appropriate "no peeking" tag included in the kit. How perfect this was with my little girl in the front covering her eyes, peeking out with one eye. Again I have used a bow of the red and white twine, a little more snowflake washi tape because I love it so much and the snowflake silver charm to top it all off.




To the right of the tag, I have used the wood veneer Christmas tree. I coloured it to add a little more green to the layout.

The title is some cardboard letters I have in my stash and I have coloured the black with the year stamped underneath.

...and finished. 



I loved doing this layout in July and you can still buy some great Christmas sellout bargains in the stores to get you in the mood for December. Below is the final product. I hope you have enjoyed my blog... Take care, Lisa.



No comments:

Post a Comment