Tuesday 11 April 2017

Lisa - April Kit - Adored



Hello and welcome to my first April Kit Layout. The April Kit is so full of purpleness that I am able to make two layouts.

Honestly, I find it hard to use purple and I hear this is common in the scrappy world. However this black & white photo of my teenage daughter seemed to go so well.



With a Kaisercraft white cardstock as the background, I started by splattering some Violet water colours on the cardstock. I used Mont Marte Watercolours and mixed it with a few drops of water just to get a consistency I could splatter. I don't have a heat gun so drying time becomes planning time but really water colours don't take very long to dry anyway. You can always blot it with some paper towels if you prefer.

I have used the papers in the kit with a black ink distress to form a geometric pattern behind the photo. I have also used the pink heart washi tape to border a piece of cardstock to add a little contrast.

The Chipboard butterflies in the kit are just gorgeous. I sometimes colour wood veneer chipboard  but I thought the natural colour went really well with this design, along with the "adored" word that I used as the title.

This embellishment cluster in the bottom left corner with a well placed ink splatter was made exclusively with items from the April Kit including butterflies, metal rose, heart paperclip, flat flair (no epoxy) and a circle covered with washi tape.


To make the washi tape circle, I covered a square piece of cardstock with rows of washi tape and then hand cut some circles out of it. I have also used these in my 2nd April kit Layout.

To complete the layout I have adhered the Kit included "Hello" to the photo itself and my favourite embellishment, buttons to the edge.

With a few more butterflies & metal roses in the top right and a hand drawn border with Black Artline Pen this layout is complete. I think the monochromatic purple colours really compliment the mood of the photo.








No comments:

Post a Comment