Saturday 18 March 2017

Lisa Neon Kit - Play With Me

Today I have my second layout from the exclusive Neon Kit to share with you. I didn't think I had enough embellishments left to make another layout but I certainly did. I have also used the tag that I made in the Neon - Be You Neon Fun blog post. It's been a long time since I have used a tag in a layout.  

I was so excited about this layout that I forgot to take photos along the way 😏. I didn't have any Neon papers in my stash so I started with a white background and have used a Pink Kaisercraft Ink pad and Lime Green Kaisercraft Mist to add some colour and texture to the background.



The photo's I chose have my daughters in yellow & pink dresses, these were taken back in 1996 and I trimmed them down to 4x5 each. I have not used a mount and just placed a piece of neon yellow card taped on with the Kit Washi Tape behind the photos. The beautiful Neon Lime Green flower trim really adds a feminine touch to the brightness of the page.


It's been a long time since I have used a tag in a layout. Since "deconstructing" things seems all the rage now 😁I decided to deconstruct my tag to work it in with the layout and use the whole tag. 

This is the top of the tag where I have removed the pink butterfly to bring it to the front of the layout so it wasn't hiding behind the photo.



Then I took the bottom half of the tag and have used it in the bottom left corner of the layout to balance the page. I have decreased the size of the black rose to reveal more of the alpha background and added a small flag for journaling. This journal flag is the off cuts from the arrow I used in the title.



The title is my favourite part of this layout. I was trying to colour the alphas that I was going to use for the word "WITH", however the mist did not stick to the alphas 😔 When I removed the alphas from the scrap card I used I was left with this 😊. Cut into an arrow shape and trimmed with Pink Ink my title was complete.






This is my completed layout. I love the bright Neon colours, they are so much fun and really bring life to these otherwise ordinary photo's. This is one of the reasons I love scrapbooking so much, rather than just viewing these photos in a plain album, these layouts give life & emotion to our memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment