Saturday 18 February 2017

Lisa - Be You, Neon Fun !!

12x12 Layout & Tag


Welcome to my first ever blog post and designer Layout for Scrapping Fun Kits.

When I got the Exclusive Neon Kit, I was so excited that I started this layout immediately. The embellishments were just beautiful and co-ordinated so well. I even did a Tag with the embellishments I didn't use in my layout, which you can see further down the page,

The only way you can get a Neon Kit is if you win the Prize Draw for the Summer Fun YouTube Hop.



First I had to decide on a background that would bring out the brightness of the NEON. I love bright layouts. So I chose black. I didn't have any patterned paper to compliment the papers in the kit so I decided to do a splash of paint behind the design. I used a paintbrush to apply the Mont Marte water colour and although not neon it was bright enough.

With so many great embellishments its was hard to choose which ones to use as I wanted to use them all. I generally start by choosing the position of my photo and then I place the main embellishments, title and papers. I don't usually glue them down at this point so I can move them around a bit. In saying that they never end up in the same position again but the general idea is there.








This was the main idea, I just had to fit the rest of them on somewhere. 

I coloured the "beautiful" chipboard word with a pink Kaisercraft ink pad just dabbing it until I got the desired brightness.

Next I glued and taped the basics down. I wanted to use the butterflies so much to add some height but they just weren't working. 





As I was playing with the cardboard hearts I slipped one into the paperclip hearts already on the page and they added a great effect to the page. I didn't even have to adhere them .

The little neon orange rose and puff sticker flower also found a place amongst this embellishment cluster.






I wanted something in the top left corner and played around with this for a while. I tried to use the butterflies again but sadly they didn't fit (don't worry they get used later).

The Glitter Alpha's, Brads & triangle puff sticker swapped places a few times but eventually found their spots


To finish I added the washi tape and the little puff sticker stars in the bottom corner with a little Journal tag to mark the Date & place of the photo. I am not big on journaling and as most of my layouts are from many years ago, I have forgotten what was happening at the time. I am lucky to remember the date hehe..

I love the result, I think the neon colours bring out the quite plain coloured photo and compliments my daughters beautiful bright smile.




Butterflies in Neon - Tag


After I completed the layout I still really wanted to use the butterflies. I hadn't used the black rose and had so many alpha's left, so after a night of sleep and deep thought I came up with this Tag Idea. With some Neon Cardstock, trimmed with some Pink Kaisercraft Ink, some neon green ribbon and a flower eyelet, this tag was my creation. I lifted the Butterfly wings with some foam tape. I plan to use this one day on another Neon Layout.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment