Monday 23 January 2017

Tracey - Together

Today on the blog we have Design Team Member Tracey with another cute layout using the Exclusive Christmas Kit.




Sometimes less is more when it comes to scrapbooking. A monochromatic layout with sequins is what I had in mind when I first started mixing up a soft green gesso for my background. I applied the gesso with a large pallet knife to plain white card stock and then dried it with a heat gun. I then added more green to the gesso to make it a slightly darker shade and applied it over the dry gesso, making sure to leave patches of the paler green underneath, I then again dried with a heat gun.














I then started to layer my photo using vellum, plain and patterned card stock. With the first layer of vellum, I distressed the edges and inked them to make them stand out more, I then used mounting tape to stick it to another piece of vellum. Two more layers of plain and patterned card stock followed.

I had some pre-cut circles that I have been trying to use up for far too long so I grabbed two of them and stuck them under the photo along with a large white doily and the green punchinella from the Christmas Kit.













With the bottom left corner being such an interest point in the layout, I wanted to pull the eye up to the top right corner. To do this, I cut the beautiful little crochet doily from the Christmas Kit and glued it down. I then had some scraps of Christmas paper and cut a flag into them and stuck them on top. I still thought it needed something, so, I spread the buttons and the Christmas tree sequins from the Christmas Kit from the bottom left to the top right corners, I thought that this captured the eyes attention beautifully. I then chose ‘Together’ for the title as it's a photo of a close family members children all together.















Monochramatic Green is such a fun colour scheme to work with.

1 comment: